How does the 3D Printer work?
How do I design an object that can be printed on the 3D printer?
SWBAT to create an account on the tinkercad.com site
SWBAT complete several tutorials on how to use TinkerCAD
- First If you haven’t already, you need to create a name tag for your computer with this template. Start by making a copy of the document. Make sure it follows my rules:
- Include your name and section. Capitalize the first letter of your first and last name
- The box around your name MUST stay the same size.
- Dark color font (only one color)
- Use a font that’s not scripty
- No pictures
- Use Upper and Lower Case.
- No background colors or shadows
- You should print them to “Papercut_SMS_Lab_103.” I will show you how to fold them.
- You need to sign up for TinkerCAD. This is a program that will allow everyone to print something on the 3D printer. Go to http://tinkercad.com and click Sign Up for Free Account. First read the detailed instructions at the top of this page. Once you have signed in, go through the tutorials – they are pretty short, but they’ll give you an idea of how the tool works.